One of the most significant shifts we’ve seen in recent years is the rise in the use of video content. As per the statistics shared by HubSpot, 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool, and there are solid reasons behind it. Here’s a deep dive into why use video on your website.
91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool in 2023!
The rise in the importance of video content is not just a fleeting trend; it’s become an integral part of the modern marketing landscape. The year 2023 has seen an unprecedented rise in the adoption of video content by businesses worldwide. Recent data underscores this point, revealing that a staggering 91% of businesses are now leveraging video as a critical marketing tool.
What Led to this Surge?
Several factors have contributed to this massive upswing:
- The ubiquity of Video Platforms: Beyond YouTube, numerous platforms such as TikTok, Instagram Reels, and LinkedIn Video have emerged, catering to diverse audiences and business needs.
- The shift in Consumer Behavior: As per Nielsen’s report, consumers today are spending more time than ever before on digital platforms, and video content consistently ranks as their preferred form of media.
- Technological Advancements: Tools and platforms have made video creation more accessible and affordable. Even smartphones today are equipped with high-resolution cameras, enabling high-quality video production without the need for professional equipment.
- High ROI: Statistics indicate that marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users. This tangible return on investment has convinced even the skeptics to jump on the video bandwagon.
The Key Advantages of Using Video Content
1. Enhanced User Engagement
One of the primary benefits of incorporating video into your website comes down to enhancing user engagement. As human beings, we are naturally drawn towards visually stunning presentations that capture our interest. Videos undoubtedly carry this influence.
Whether you’re a business owner searching for innovative ways to draw attention or managing enterprise meetings – arguably best demonstrated with tools such as Weezly incorporating video can significantly increase people’s dwell time on your site.
- Retention: According to Insivia, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in a text.
- Interaction: Videos invite more user interactions, such as shares, likes, and comments, making content more dynamic and engaging.
2. SEO Benefits
Including video content doesn’t only engage viewers but also works wonders in terms of boosting your SEO rankings. Search engines favor websites keeping visitors longer since the extended session durations signal relevant and quality content.
- Ranking: Websites with video content are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google, reports Forrester.
- Decreased Bounce Rate: Engaging videos keep visitors on your site longer, signaling to search engines that your website offers valuable content.
3. Boosting Conversion Rates
- Trust & Credibility: Wyzowl states that 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- Visual Testimonials: Videos allow potential customers to see real-life reviews, building a more profound trust.
4. Strengthened Brand Identity
- Storytelling: Video is a powerful medium to convey brand stories, missions, and values.
- Brand Recognition: Consistent visual and auditory elements in videos reinforce brand identity, making it more memorable to the viewers.
Overcoming the Common Misconceptions
Some businesses are still hesitant to integrate videos due to misconceptions.
- “Producing videos is expensive”: While high-quality videos can come at a price, there are countless affordable tools and platforms like Animoto and Canva that allow even beginners to craft decent videos.
- “My audience doesn’t watch videos”: As per a survey by Pew Research, the vast majority of internet users across age groups consume video content. The key is to create content that caters to your specific audience.
Key Strategies to Incorporate Video on Your Website
- Scheduling via Video: You can add Weezly’s video widget (any video you like) to your website while sharing your meeting availability. This is how you help people get to know you and schedule a meeting right away.
- Homepage Introductions: A brief video on your homepage can introduce your brand or explain your primary services.
- Product Demonstrations: Instead of just images and descriptions, showcase how your product works through a video.
- Testimonials & Case Studies: Real customers sharing their experiences can significantly boost your credibility.
- Educational Content: How-to videos, tutorials, or informational content can position your brand as an authority in your niche.
The Future of Video Content on Websites
With the introduction of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), the way we perceive video content is set to change. Statista predicts that the AR and VR market will reach 192.7 billion U.S. dollars by 2022. Integrating these technologies could mean even more immersive video experiences for users.
So, Why Use Video On Your Website: Conclusion
In the ever-evolving digital landscape, adapting to changes is not just necessary for growth—it’s imperative for survival. Video content is not merely a trend; it’s the direction in which online content is headed. Ignoring it might leave your website and business lagging. Embrace video, harness its power, and watch your engagement and conversions soar.